Jon Carr | Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 9:33PM
As Annie and I come to terms with being back in America, my good friend Ryan sent over a list of some of the things we missed while we were gone. I enjoyed it and thought I would pass it on. It's skewed toward Michigan, since that is where I am from and where Ryan currently lives. Ryan's wife's name is Lisa.
- Hurt Locker wins the Oscar, Sandra Bullock wins the Oscar and Razzie for best actress in same year.
- For some reason Betty White (the only living Golden Girl) is the new "it" girl.
- They're building a mosque next to Ground Zero which is causing a big stir.
- Obama's still trying to get the health care bill through (he's got a low approval rating, Palin in 2012? Let's hope not).
- Our house isn't worth what I paid for it :) No one's house is worth what they paid for it.
- Duke wins NCAA basketball tournament.
- Phil Mickelson wins the Masters again.
- In May police found a bomb in Time Square.
- Somehow Mexico has become the new Columbia due to drug cartels.
- No more gay marriage in California.
- Big tax breaks for small businesses.
- GM has almost paid back the entire auto loan.
- Government keeps extending unemployment, over a trillion in debt.
- Lohan in rehab (why do people care?).
- Glee wins tons of Emmy's.... Lisa doesn't get it but I actually enjoy this show.
- I think you saw most of the good movies over in Asia...not much this summer, my favorite would have to be the Losers, like a better version of the A-Team.
- The Detroit Pistons suck.
- The Detroit Tigers kind of sucked but went .500.
- The Red Wings got Mike Modano, they aren't too bad.
- The Detroit Lions have won 2 games already....restore the ROAR!!!
- Everbody has a smart phone and an APP for that.
- 3D is all the rage but there aren't many programs to watch so stick with LCD or Plasma.
- Lisa and I are addicted to Costco and will take you there when you come, it's dangerous. :)
- The Wii doesn't stand alone, Xbox and Sony have interactive gaming systems now.
- Rubber band bracelets are cool with the kids.
- There is a LEGO store at Somerset Mall and it's SWEET.
- Everybody uses Groupon and Social Living to get good deals on crap they don't need (Lisa and I included).
- Local grown is the new trend....markets, farmers, etc.
- Finally electric cars, the VOLT and the LEAF are out now....
- The new hit show on ABC is called Detroit 187 (not very good, but I enjoy watching to say "I've been there, I go there").
- I saved Lost, first and final episode for you.
- I want to get you hooked on Sons of Anarchy, it's a show on FX that is really good.
- I saved the Dexter season, it's been so-so this year.